Monday, March 26, 2012

Sorry I'm Not Sorry

I'm 25 (almost), I socialize with my friends, I have two best friends and our friendships are entirely different and so wonderful in their own ways, I have guy friends- no I do not want to date them-any of them, sometimes I make poor decisions, I have my Masters degree and Bachelors degree, I have a job, I live with my parents, I try not to be dramatic-but it's in my blood I think, I will always watch the Disney Channel.  I'm pretty open about my life and know I'm not perfect, however, most adults who know me, especially my parents, would say I'm mature for my age and am very responsible.  SO when some middle-aged man, who has NEVER met me or even spoked with me, judges me I do not take this kindly. 

I'm pretty sure in elementary school, maybe middle school we learn about stereotypes.  I'm also pretty sure when learning about stereotypes we learn it's not a good practice to use them.  SO when I'm being stereptyped for being a young girl who must be a huge partier and has baby daddy drama I don't take this lightly.  If this middle-aged man would have cared to speak with me I'm fairly certain he would learn that yes I am a young girl, but I'm also a young girl who has previously lived in her own rented apartment, has no baby daddy drama, has a job that puts her Masters degree to use, and pays her bills on time, since she has been raised by two competant parents who engraved *paying bills is important* into her head.  I have little tolerance for people who act like they know everything in the world but yet cannot use proper grammar in every day conversation (**I know I don't have the BEST grammar, but I'd like to think it's better than most...this could be it's own ranting, venting blog).

So please, prove to me how uneducated you are by judging me before you meet me or even speak with me. 

Sorry I'm not sorry, I needed to vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment